Superbudgie Blog

Thursday, October 04, 2007

BLOOD FEATHER!

It looks like Molly had her first blood feather pulled out! But this is not a good thing. Read on...

A few days ago, something big & probably painful happened to Molly. It is actually regarding blood feathers. Blood feathers are special feathers on a bird's body where blood vessels in it are attached to the bird's skin. This means if a blood feather comes out, you notice it right away & also the bird will begin to bleed. Now this is getting a little bit scary. Here's Molly's story: Well, it was a normal Tuesday for all the birds. In the evening, I decided to put Molly in Tobi's cage (Tobi is an african grey parrot I got in May of 2007). So, I put Molly in Tobi's cage (hopefully Tobi was outside of the cage). Molly was inside, chirping for help & Molly was climbing on the wall inside of the cage. Meanwhile, Tobi was climbing on the outside of the cage near Molly. I protected Molly from being bitten by Tobi, but unfortunately Tobi had access to Molly's tail feathers. Tobi bit one of Molly's tail feather, & ripped it out! Molly was startled! Now, the feather was floating to the ground. I immediately picked up the feather & guess what I saw? I saw some blood. Right away, I took Molly out of the cage, put her in her real cage & called up my dad for help. My dad gave me great advice, so I put the phone away & returned to Molly & Sasha's cage. When I came back, Molly's tail had some blood on it. Right away, I grabbed Molly, took her to the bathroom & applied some Kwik Stop Styptic powder (powder that stops bleeding) on Molly's wound. Now, Molly is okay. But I will never forget this first blood feather for Molly. We'll see what happens next time on the Superbudgie Blog.

NOTE TO VIEWERS: If you were one of my viewers of this blog since February of 2007, I'm sorry for not posting any articles. Nothing much happened with the birds. I had a lot of complaints & I'm really sorry about it. Please comment!



2 Comments:

Blogger Fidélité said...

Why didn't you want to put Sasha in with Molly and Tobi

Monday, October 15, 2007 10:14:00 PM  
Blogger Birdbuddy (NeuBuddy) said...

Well, I din't want to put Sasha in the cage with Molly and Tobi because Molly & Sasha would go crazy if they were with each other. It turned out to be a very bad idea. Also, Tobi was actually outside of the cage when this happened. Anyways, thank you so much for your comment Faith!

Sunday, October 21, 2007 9:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home